1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

quick tuning question on sensor

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 351w, Sep 19, 2020.

1. 351w

Hello,

On a ford 351w turbo setup with Holley HP am I okay with keeping my MAT sensor where the stock ford one was located in lower intake manifold?

I had a tuner I respect tell me it should be mounted somewhere closer to throtte body, he said it was likely getting heat soak. I have the lightning intake and I know I have seen Trickflow with sensor in the same spot. He has timing pulled when the car MAT gets higher. I’m hesitating on modifying the on3 setup and would like a few others opinions on if I should and where it should go.

Also, when you have the throttle going at a steady pace in lower rpms if you can feel missing/ almost shaming is this a base fuel issue usually? Something that can be easily resolved?

Thanks

2. B E N

You need to run a log of the low RPM stumble. Without more details it could be anything fuel, spark or air related. Log your AFR, spark angle, fuel pressure, throttle angle vs accelerator pedal if it's drive by wire, IAT, injector duty. If something doesn't immediately pop out at you post the log.

351w likes this.
  3. 351w

Going to try and replicate the problem and write down area of problem.