1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Duramax turbodiesel question

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by datsun72, Feb 17, 2017.

1. datsun72

Hi,

I am doing research on a turbo vane sensor for the 6.6 GM Duramax. The sensor rides on a cam which entail reads the position of the vanes. I am curious to know how hot that sensor will get. If the EGT is about 1200F, and the turbine housing is 1200F then wouldn't the sensor which is bolted to that housing be 1200F?

Also a generic question, what temperature does the turbine shaft reach at the bearings? Typical engine oil is 250F maximum before breaking down. Does the temperature drop down from 1200F to 250F at the bearings using oil as a form of coolant and lubrication?

btw I am a mechanical engineering student!

Thanks.