1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 92lxnotch, Oct 30, 2005.

1. 92lxnotch

Here my question

I have a 91 lx coupe 5spd. with a 331 stroker housed in R302 block w/forged internals, F303 bumpstick, AFR 195cc heads and performer RPM II intake. I going to put twins turbos on it so I figured I would ask for suggestions and help from you guys since so many have turbos and experience with them. My goal is 850-1000 RWHP street car and taking to the track everyonce and awhile. I was think about to MP-T70 turbos, is this possible and with what housings? I don't mind to spend good money for a good product. What do you guys think; too much turbo, not enough turbo, get different turbos? I'm up for any suggestions or comments.

2. Cobra93

bigger block... Move to a 351

3. fastwhite86gt

i dont think you'll spool two mp t70s with 331 inches. I could be wrong, but it just doesnt seem probable, especially if its a street car.

4. TurboShortBus

I think you should research compressor maps for various turbos before just picking an MP-70 for no apparent reason.

1000 rwhp is about 1200 to the flywheel (none of which will hook up on the street). At that rate, each turbo needs to make 600 hp, or 60-65 lb/min of airflow. Figure out how much boost you want to run, convert it to a pressure ratio, and start looking for a compressor map where the pressure ratio and airflow intersect near the upper right edge of a good efficiency island.

Thoroughly read through the Knowledge Base on this site (link is at the top). Take some time to learn more about the details.

Mark

5. boner

and afr 225's....

6. rick90lx

I wouldn't change the heads, your heads flow good and the turbos dont care. It may take a few more pounds of boost to get your #'s than a set of 225's, but with the right fuel/tune it wont matter.

7. tokes

danimal95 on here has a 347 with twin 61mm turbos and made 1000+ RWHP and said it spools nice.

Steve Cole had a 331 with twin 74mm turbos and 70mm turbos and the driveability was fine WITH A 6-SPEED IN THE CAR!

Don't run T70's though, a pair of GT35R's will do 1000 RWHP no problems and spool faster.