1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HELP!!! Finished Install, Having Problems!!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by slurpeeking, Jan 29, 2007.

1. slurpeeking

Ok.. finished install on my 93 fox. Traded a member my S Trim for his DIY TT setup. Twin T3 .60/.63 (I think of a GN) Thread said turbos were just rebuilt. finished install, put all fluids back in, then started her up... cranked fine....

then the usual smoke from greasy hands, and THEN.. tons of white smoke everywhere. CRAZY SMOKE....:eeek: :eeek: pulled the car out, not getting any boost, turbos are spinning, but no boost on the gauge. checked the intercooler piping to see if oil was going through the intercooler into the intake but it's all dry and good.

what can this be??????

2. jamheg1101

the seals in the turbo may be allowing oil out the exhaust side which in turn = whole bunch of smoke

3. TurboShortBus

Poorly routed drainback hoses will cause oil to back up in the center section and leak into the exhaust housing. Make sure that the hoses don't loop or hang below the fittings in the pan.

Mark

4. slurpeeking

thanks.. figuered out that was the problem with the drainage, ordered a tilton differential pump, I'm in the process of fabbing a gravity fed catch can and will pump back to the pan from there.

5. jamheg1101

why even bother with a catch can? Why not just run the pump in line on the return line?

6. MEAN_SBC

I'm with jamheg1101... There are cars with a catch can, and cars without a catch can..... I'm not gonna run a catch can.

7. slurpeeking

was told by other member that sometimes you will need a catch can because the pump will cause the oil to froth from the pressure. so just to be safe gonna install some catch cans and drain from both to the pump.