1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Manley piston question

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by DARK-5.0, Oct 26, 2007.

1. DARK-5.0

Did a search but not a whole lot came up. I'm putting together a shortblock right now for my car. Teksid block .020" over, Manley Platinum rods and Platinum pistons with 11cc dish. Kellogg crank, running 04 mach 1 heads and 01 cobra intake. Compression should be around 9.3:1. I was originally intending on using a ProCharger D1SC on this motor and staying around 600rwhp. Well I've ditched that idea and will be running an HPP 61mm twin kit. I'm not as concerned with dyno numbers as track times but I would like to go for a 1000rwhp dyno sheet. Just to have it and seeing that Manny's car made 1012 without sneezing I know its possible. My question is, How do you guys feel about the Manley stuff being put through the abuse of 20+lbs to get the dyno sheet goal accomplished. Is it possible or am I risking troubles with a new motor.