1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Quick question about allowable bends on a door bar

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by 92coupe, Mar 2, 2008.

1. 92coupe

I am putting in a standard roll bar, and although I have swing outs I bent the side bar a fair amount so it doesn't hit the seat or the armrest. It is bent side to side not up and down

I do not care about the strength of this bar I am aware that it won't be as strong like this, I am just curious if there are any guidelines on whether it will pass tech or not...

Any help would be great, thanks!

2. TeamZmotorsports

you should be fine!

3. ShaneH

What you did is common practice and is generally accepted. There is actually nothing in the rules that say you can't bend those bars.

4. 92coupe

Beautiful! Thats exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks very much guys!