1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

hp efi no start

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 90notch3, May 16, 2012.

1. 90notch3

looking for some help i tried starting my 5.0 with the new holley hp efi setup i bought and im not getting spark. i have the tune downloaded into the comp the fuel pump turns on all my sensors are working but when i go to start it the laptop says its at idle when cranking. the comp has power while crank red/white wire and i double checked that the whtie wire from my msd is connected to the white wire on the tfi adapter harness. anybody have any suggestions?

2. yellowpony

If you haven't done a tps auto set you need to do it, or it will not fire.

Anthony

3. 90notch3

yes ive set the tps and it said it calibrated correctly/complete

4. yellowpony

What ignition are you using and what are the ignition settings in the ecu.

Anthony

5. 90notch3

I have a msd 6a running the white wire to the ford tfi adapter hanress white wire and i have the computer set to ford tfi ignition

6. ewoogy

Did you try the white wire to ground test for the msd box to make sure it's working? I would do that first to rule out the box and coil. It's more than likely something mechanical, not something wrong with the holley.

Eric