1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

new to forum new to turbos, 68 mustang 302 twin turbo?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Gtnrb71, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Gtnrb71

Hi Everyone ,

My name is nick and I have been lurking hear for years trying to soak up as much info as possible. I am finally ready to purchase a turbo kit and have a few questions. First of all my car is a 1968 mustang California special I cut out the shock towers and built a custom road race type suspension so much more room in the engine bay. The motor is an 60k 87 efi 5.0 motor that was gone thru and all new bearings and seals and rings with factory cam and forged pistons. The top end is gt40 heads with a mild port and polish and cobra 1.7 roller rockers. on the top end is an edelbrock performer rpm and I will be using the fitech efi throttle body power added system in a blow thru configuration. This unit will control fuel and timing as it has boost retard. The rest of the car is a t-5 (am upgrading to astro guts ) and a 9" with 4 wheel discs amd 3.5 gears.

I am looking at the cxracing 5.0 twin turbo kit and their blow thru carb hat, I was thinking of going with the smaller t04e turbos since this will be a street car mostly and autocross as well, so I want the smaller turbos and power lower down. Any thing seem off about my plan? Any issues with those turbos? Should I get them and take them apart to check them? Thanks in advance

2. M&M Turbochargers

post a link to the kit

3. Gtnrb71

4. M&M Turbochargers

not alot of info on the turbos