1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Quick Fuel 750 BAN pump cam/arm question

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by SprayedSDime, Oct 26, 2009.

1. SprayedSDime

So I was going through my carb, pulling it apart and spraying everything out before the end of the year street car shootout for the county and came across a problem. I got my primary pump arm adjusted nice and tight so that the screw touches the pump arm with the throttle closed and under full throttle the pump is fully depressed.

HOWEVER, my secondary cam is a good 1/8" off of the pump arm. I tried repositioning the cam using all 3 holes (pink cams on front and rear) and both holes in the throttle bracket and can't get it done right. I can get the slack out of the arm at 0 throttle, but I have to use the third cam hole in the 1 position in the bracket, leaving no rise to the cam as the throttle goes back, so it doesn't move the pump arm much at all. If I put the cam at the 1 position in the 1 hole to get the most shot out of it I can, I have so much slack before it touches the pump arm, it only moves it about 1/4 of the total travel.

It's really hard to explain what's going on without showing somebody in person. I losened the screw/spring unit on the pump arm until just before the spring is not compressed at all and still have a ton of slack. Any ideas on this besides swapping out for a 50cc pump kit? This is the original setup as sent by Quick Fuel. I'll call them tomorrow and see how they had it setup originally since I've jacked with it so much at this point I don't remember.

For what it's worth, the front and rear pump arms that ride on the cam look identical, so I don't think they put a 50cc arm on the rear by accident.

I'd appreciate any info/help guys.

-Matt