1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fairmont rear tires

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Mike R, May 6, 2009.

1. Mike R

What is the biggest tire and wheel I can run on the back of my Fairmont wagon? I've searched and read a lot of posts but everything seems to be for a Mustang. I plan on mini tubbing it and would like to do it with wheel offset and avoid narrowing the rear end if possible.

2. Canadas lowest

28" tall tires is as far as you can go without streching the openings. You can run a 15x10 with a 7.5" bs with a minitub without narrowing the axle. Here is a pic of my car with 28x10.5's
    [​IMG]#ad

3. 86lxnotch

guy i worked with stretched the stock tubs in his fairmont wagon and runs 325/50's not sure what bs he uses though

4. Turbo-Box

HOLY SHIT!!!!

Aside from the wheels and tires, your car is identical to mine! Same color and everything. :2thumbs:

5. subzero101mm

Car is awesome! I think I'm going to have to pick me one up nice ride.