1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

quick 8.8 question

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by culookn, May 19, 2009.

1. culookn

im in need of a spare 8.8 axle for my 98 gt b/c the one thats in there is shot. the local junk yard has 2 of them from a 94 and 95 v6 car. the only difference i can notice is that mine has the dual shock mounts and the ones in the junk yard has only the single shock mount. is it a 7.5 axle or 8.8 and will either of them work in my car.

2. Wallace

V6 cars got the 7.5 axle.

3. gt40_5.0

the 7.5 axles will interchange with the 8.8 axles. 94-95 should be the same length axle also as your 98. (3/4" longer on each side than the fox bodies)