1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

whens a engine and mid plate needed

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by stroked90hatch, Nov 15, 2008.

1. stroked90hatch

when is it nessicary to install a motor and mid plate.....and also how hard are they to install thanx

2. ssomustang50

i would guess around 1000+HPwould need 1,can use 1 at anytime tho if u really wanted. They arent too hard to instal,id go w/a skinny kid plate,if u still have stock motor mounts u can use that as a guide or if u want to motor back & down more then all u have to do if make sure u have ground clearance for oil pan/transmission pan & enuff room to get transmission botls out,valve covers off,ect. Its easier than it sounds.

3. stroked90hatch

well my motor is still in process of bein built think i would be able to jus slap a shortbloc and trans in there wit motor mounts and trans mount to set the motor plate and mid plate.....cause while i have the motor out i wanna smooth my engine bay out and all

4. stroked90hatch

also is there any spacers u need or anything?

5. Outlaw5.0

No specific power level, its good to have in any race car. It takes alot of stress off the block.

6. Supe

Your converter needs to be set up to work with a mid.