1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help Identifying Garrett Turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Matt FC, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Matt FC

I've had this turbo sitting around for a few years. I originally got it thinking I would put it on my RX7, but decided I wanted decent spool as it is a street car. That and, when I took it apart to clean it up (TONS of carbon) I found out the turbine wheel was chewed up.

Fast forward to now, I have an 8.1L BBC on the engine stand to swap into my truck. I wasn't planning on boosting it, but the turbo is sitting on the shelf doing nothing, so if it will work now is the time to get the motor boost-ready.

Anyway, the measurements are:
    5" in, 4" out of compressor housing
    T6 turbine housing, outlet is just over 5" V-band
    0.75 Compressor A/R, 0.96 turbine

I apologize for the crap caliper, my digital one decided to no longer work as of today.

I was unable to find any marking on the CHRA, except a "12". Certainly no serial or model numbers.

Any help would be appreciated, if I can replace the shaft/turbine wheel and use the turbo, great. Otherwise I'll move ahead with the engine as NA.

2. Matt FC

Crap, my pictures with all the measurements disappeared. I will try to find a better way to upload them, apparently Google Photos doesn't like linking.

3. $2.99

if you cant get the pics posted, send them to me and ill post them up for you. some image hosting sites don't allow hotlinking the pictures. i'll pm u my info

4. Matt FC

I'll give photobucket a try, they've never had a problem with hotlinking for me in the past, I just switched because they started putting ads everywhere.

5. Matt FC

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. Matt FC

I think I got them up now $2.99. If I have any issues I'll send them your way. I tried to reply to your PM but don't have enough posts yet. Surprising to see how many locals are on here.