1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

distributor help

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 74nova, Dec 30, 2009.

1. 74nova

hey, i am in the middle of a turbo sbc build, am going with a 4150 750 double pumper on a 360 chevy with a single t70 turbo, i have a very good msd HEI ditributor with a cdi and btm, my question is i want to keep my distributor but it has vacuum advance on it, can i still hook to my carb ( even though its seeing boost) or can i just not use it, what do you reccomm. also it is not a forged out motor, scat pistons crank. rods, only going to see 7 to 9 psi, what would be a good total advance in timing that I should start with, whats the min total and max total advance, thank you for all your help, almost done, last couple of things left, thanks for the patience