1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

DSS 347, can it take it?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by slobra01, May 4, 2008.

1. slobra01

Brand new DSS 347, AFR 185 heads that have been custom ported, custom grind turbo cam. Can it hold 600hp reliably? What kind of power should i expect with pump gas?

2. svtcobra

If it is an aftermarket block the answer is YES. If it is standard block then the answer is NO...................

3. fastranger347

its kinda late isnt it??? you already bought it

4. Stangguy

I will put it to you this way..Go faster than 10:50 consistently and you are just living on borrowed time. I have split 4 stock blocks in the past. Two of them even had the D.S.S main support/windage tray, Ross light weight pistons, automatic and turbo...and still the block split...Took a year of heavy street pounding. I know there are guys out there that have gone faster, and lived longer. They are just lucky.

5. BlackMagic94

DSS pro lite 306 long rod kit
    stock crank
    stock 94 block
    Canton Main Support System

a string of low 10 second passes and never hurt anything

6. stang_shane

I cracked my DSS 331 stock block only pushing about 350-360 rwhp, I guess some people are just unlucky. And that was with the main support as well.

7. slobra01

I didnt buy it, it came in the car. Ive now sourced a Boss block, billet crank, oliver rods, and good pistons. So now all i need is fuel....