1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

stumble around 5-5500

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by ilove50, Jun 20, 2013.

1. ilove50

Can't seem to figure this out.

Sbf, turbo, bs3, 6al, crank trigger, auto. Pump gas

The car shows lean, and goes rich on decel.... Big stuff correction is always pegged trying to add fuel. Plugs are all wet though. Thinking its from cold spark/no spark. Car cranks for a while on start up sometimes too. Free reving it breaks up at about 5-5500 rpms, then clears up and is fine to 7k. Fuel pressure is 35 when running, go on the tbrake, 10lbs boost, 45lbs fp. Seems normal. When data logging a pull it will rev past 5500 in 1st, flatten at 5500 in second, and stays flat in 3rd at about 5500. Afr is about 12.6 and correction 20%. But plugs look wet every time.

Sent fuel pump out, replaced filter, New plugs ngk v power 9s, New wires, New coil, new 6al, re loaded the tune. Still no difference.

From what I understand a misfire will show a lean condition. Like i said, stumbles bad around 5-5500. I just don't get it

2. Disney Lincoln

Unhook WB02 from system and see how it reacts.

3. ilove50

Tried that, same results

4. Disney Lincoln

Do you see any changes at all in the logs when the break up occurs? RPM stays consistent? Spark doesn't advance or retard? fuel pw looks about the same as immediately before and after?

5. ilove50

Rpm is consistently worse with load based on gear. I don't log fp so I really don't know what that's doing. Timing stays steady. It seems to get worse the hotter the car is

6. Disney Lincoln

I meant fuel injector pulsewidth.

To clarify, when it's breaking up at 5500 engine hot, if you get it past that it will pull clean to 7k?

7. MONTEGOD7SS

Grounds ok? Any oddball problems that can't easily be attributed to a mechanical failure it's a good idea to start with grounds.

8. ilove50

I'll go over all the grounds again. When free reving it will go smooth after about 5500-7k. With load it won't though

9. ilove50

Where do I look at injector pulse width? I'm new to this fancy stuff ;)

10. Tgbstang90

I believe that you would have to create a new default dash and select the Base inj PW as one of your sensors to monitor.

And did I read that correctly, are you running base fuel pressure of 35psi? Did someone recommend you to run it there? Just wondering because someone told me I had to run 50psi and thats high to me.

11. ilove50

50lbs with vacuum off is where some run it. We just set mine at 40 for no real reason

12. Tgbstang90

What boost are you running when it does this? Does it do it with the lowest possible boost setting you can run?

13. ilove50

Went back to the dyno. Cleaning the injectors fixed my issue. Power was down a little and torque was up a little. The car didn't wanna make power past 6k this time. Guess springs got a little beat up over the last year. Runs great again!