1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

questions about MSD boost timing masters

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by bluemonster65, Mar 28, 2005.

1. bluemonster65

i am considering a BTM to add onto my MSD 6A. MSD has two add on BTM's one is part#5462 which is 189 from jegs and says its universal. the other is p#8762 and is 229 and says its for MSD box's only. i printed out the directions for both and can't seem to determine the difference. both acompilsh the same thing, both can be wired to my MSD box and Distributor. any ideas as to why the 8762 is 40 dollars more?