1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Question for BS3 Users

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by fordz, Sep 9, 2006.

1. fordz

I tried to start the car this morning and it just wouldn't run. I'm almost positive everything is set up right. I do have questions about the fuel injector harness. My harness came disassembled at one plug. I put it together so that the wire colors matched. I'm not sure this was correct. Could someone verify which wire colors are connected at the plug and tell me which injector plug is at each location (what cylinder location for the plug labeled inj1, etc.)? This is all on a a Ford 302. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Drlee50

i just pulled my motor so i will look for you and post it up here. hang in there....

3. fordz

Thanks. It's driving me crazy being so close.

4. 90F1R

I think you insert the pins in order 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Then program the FORD 302 firing order in the computer.

5. fordz

The way the harness is made the labeled injector connectors line up like a Chevrolet. inj1,inj3,inj5,inj7 on passenger side and inj2,inj4,inj6,inj8 on the drivers side. I'm thinking I need to line up the main connector so that inj3 is actually connected to the main wire for inj2 and so on to make it actually have the Ford layout. Does this make any sense? I really just need someone to verify wire colors on the main connector and injector connector positioning. Then I'll know if this is my problem or not. Thanks.

6. ShaneH

It should still fire up and run even if the injector harness is wired for the wrong firing order, as long as they are indeed firing.

7. fordz

Thanks for all the help. Don got us straightened out today. We did have the injector harness wired wrong. The car sounded great for about 30 seconds until the King Sumo decided to give up. Guess I'll be looking for another pump.

8. Drlee50

i wrote out all the colors yesterday and forgot to post it! maybe because i was preoccupied with the fact i figured out I need a new crank and maybe a bit of engine repair due to a severe thrust bearing malfunction! crap!

9. Otto J

Very important on a car that you stay on the convertor a bit to check the convertor charge pressure (at the cooler)
    To much charge pressure will pressure the convertor out of the trans in turn forcing the crank into the thrust causing premature thrust wear.

10. Turbo89

Can someone post the color codes and the order the are to be in , im in the middle of a BS3 install and want to make sure I get it right.

11. Don Bailey

Injector wiring for BS3

Chevy 1-a, 3-c, 5-e, 7-h & 2-b, 4-d, 6-f, 8-g

Buick 1-a, 3-c, 5-e, & 2-b, 4-d, 6- f

Ford 1-a, 2-b, 3-c, 4-d & 5-e, 6-f, 7g, 8-h

12. Turbo89

Thanks Don, exactly what I needed

Curios what is everyone doing for a TPS sensor as far as the wiring and pigtail, the Gm style does not fit on the Throttle body correctly as it is a different size ( both in regards to bolt mounting location and also diameter of the switch) ( I'm referring to a 94-95 SN95 car that has the square plug TPS)

Does anyone know a Dorman or equivalent part number for a Harness end TPS connector so that I can use the stock Ford TPS(94-95 style) with the BS3. Or even where I can procure the connector thats on the stock harness , Snipping off the connector end from the stock harness is not a option as the customer needs to have the capability of reverting back to stock.
    Another interesting question I have is what is everyone doing for the VSS that needs to interface with the speedo once the stock ECM is gone no VSS
    what is the best route to take, a jumper harness from the stock harness , like in a breakout box harness, ?? IF I made a breakout I could then use the stock fuel pump relay to power up the fuel pump via stock harness wires, same with the fan control. Then I would need to get a EEC IV CONNECTION block for the ECM so that is another concern as far as where to get the connector

Any input as far if there would be a probelm doing this ? Im curios as to what everyone thats running a SN95 has done.

13. Don Bailey

The best source I have seen for these types of needs is to call Mike Brown at Wires and Pliers. Mike has made me pig tails for the TPS before. He can do anything you want with the electrical connectors and adapters. Its only money.

PS check out some of the killer cars he has done. Did you see the Bonneville car he did? The dude is awesome!

8415 McClements Road - Brighton, MI 48114 (810) - 229 - 9688
    http://www.wiresandpliers.com/

14. fordz

I got the TPS adapter from caspers electronics. It wasn't listed on their website but they had it when I called. It was right at $20 if I remember right. I don't actually have a mustang so I can't answer your other questions.

15. Sparky_wp