1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

question about suspension set up and bump steer

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by slow5.0.1985, Jan 17, 2011.

1. slow5.0.1985

I have a question for everyone..
    I just bought the team z k member with the a arms and coil over kit and caster plates.
    I was going to buy a flaming river rack manual steering..
    My question is do I need a bump steering kit with it. Sence I havent lowered the car at all..
    And my other question is I got the team Z lower and upper double adjustable control arms.
    when setting them up I know you take the measurement from the center of the holes from side to side on the stock lower and uppers.

What is the best way to set them up..
    thanks for your help....
    Beau

2. slow5.0.1985

Just really wanting to know if i adjust one side to much will it throw off my spring perch on the lower control arms...
    thanks Beau

3. yellowpony

Start at a baseline, minimum 17 5/8" lowers, 9 1/8" uppers and use the uppers to adjust pinion angle to your liking.

Anthony

4. slow5.0.1985

Ok perfect what about the bump steering....

5. slow5.0.1985

Any one Need to know before I buy it.. a bit of info street car and a strip car more street then anything though..
    Thanks beau