1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

question about mounting my turbo header

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vetcruser, Feb 25, 2010.

1. vetcruser

I'm worried about some clearance issues. These are Pony Down headers. If you look at the picture, the power steering line is within 1/8 of the header and the line touches it down a couple inches unless I tie it back some how. Also, as you can see I trimmed down the sway bar mount for clearance but I didn't quite trim enough so the header is resting on metal area I trimmed.

I will need to remove the header and reseal if i decide to trim the mount another 1/2 in or so. Thats what I'm debating...

Should I try to get the header where is not in contact with anything? Or am I over sweating this?

thanks,

IMG_1987.jpg #ad

2. sickboystroker

i would try to get everything to clear by at least a 1/2" at least you might have problems with the power steering fluid boiling if to close which will wreck the seals in the power steering system, been there done that haha