1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

question about exhaust transition into turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by quick1320, Mar 12, 2008.

1. quick1320

just finished hot side of install,I merged 2 3" pipes into the turbo flange it is a t6 but I didnt keep it close to the edge of the inlet going into the turbo there is about a 1/2" to 3/4" away from the edge,will this disrupt my flow going into turbo,if it does, I can redo it I have a adapter from 3" to 4" I squared the 4" side off but if I weld this to the flange and flow it into the turbo can I hook 2 3" pipes to the 3" adapter will this restrict flow with 2 3" pipes into one 3" pipe

2. calebzman

Can you take any pictures of what you have so far?

3. roozterdvx

IMHO...

Dual 3" pipes merging into one 3" pipe is a flow restriction to avoid.
    You should try to merge directly into 4" then square it off to the t-6 flange.

A little work now can save you alot of work later if you find the restriction causes high back pressure and you have to disassemble everthing to rework the hot side.

4. quick1320

I looked at it last night again its a lot closer than I thought I am going to grind the flange on a angle to direct the flow to the turbo I think it should be allright,I will try to post a pic later tonite