1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

holley accelerator pump tunning?

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by 68dustin, May 14, 2010.

1. 68dustin

ok this is my setup
    68 mustang 2900 lbs
    302 bored 30 over
    weiand accel intake
    trick flow twisted wedge heads
    decent cam cant remember duration
    t-5
    4:11 gears
    paxton supercharger 8lbs boost
    750 holley 4150 blow thru carb

this is my problem:

off idle with a jump no bog, however when im driving and crusing in lower rpm's and jump on the throttle it stumbles. When the rpms are higher it really doesnt bog. But i noticed wot thru first to second fine and then going into third it has a slight bog and the wideband goes lean. where should i start on my accel pump?

carb setup:

70 front jets
    72 rear jets

37 front accel nozzle
    35 rear nozzel

ive tryed switching the nozzles front front to back and it made it worse so im thinkin the front ones needs to be bigger. should i set it up to a 50cc pump? ive played with all the cam adjustments and it seems just to get worse. im running the pink cams in the first slot. the bogg is horrible but i want my carb running tits! lol.. thanks guys i know ur holley freaks up in here

2. 68mustang

fyi, a bog is typically a rich condition. stumble is typically a lean condition.

your motor is very similar to mine. im not sure but that low rpm stumble coul be from a slightly large carb? but there is a cam kit you can buy that has larger cams than the pink ones. but you can also move the pink cam to the second or third hole on it. a browm cam is the largest in my kit and i got it on my primary side with 32 squiter and the pink cam on its second hole with a rz squiter in back. and im running 13 psi right now

3. 68dustin

I thought the brown cam was only for the 50cc pump?

4. 68mustang

idk, maybe it is. I got one on mine though and it works.