1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

single or dual fuel filters, what do u run

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 66 AC COBRA, May 18, 2004.

1. 66 AC COBRA

for people with aftermarket pumps

do u run just a filter before the pump, or do u run a filter before and after the pump

anyone ever had any problems running just a filter before the pump

single filter like this before the pump

2. Mike

I just did the before filter also.

Mike

3. SWT Racing

That's exactly how I have my Aeromotive system set up.

4. 66 AC COBRA

what micron are u running for the filter

will 10 micron restrict flow too much, or will 100 micron not filter enough

5. smokedu

I also was going to use only one filter feeding my aeromotive pump #11101 but I ended up using the #12304 100 micron for the feed side and the #12301 10 micron coming out of the fuel pump. I believe that is what they recomend? http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/
    Derick

6. SWT Racing

Correct.

The 10 micron filter is designed to be used after the pump. If you put it before the pump it will seriously degrade pump performance and possibly burn up the pump.

7. TurboSN95

I have one before the pump, that's it. not sure if its a 10 or a 100 micron. When I used to run a filter after the pump, my EGT's were insane, i'd let off at the 1/8th mile cause i'd see 1650 on the EGT. Moved it before the pump and its much better.

8. blackholehunter

I have filters on both sides of mine. A 40 micron pre-filter and a 10 micron after the pump.

Scott

9. Zoomer

Same as above... 40 micron before and 10 micron just before the fuel rails.

10. Alain K

I've been running a 10 micron before the pump for about 3 years now and the pump is still going strong. This is on a car that is driven about 200 miles a week. I replace the filter every 6 months or so, when ever it starts to whine.