1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What C4 Bellhousing Do I Need?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by mustangcobra438, Aug 12, 2008.

1. mustangcobra438

I have a 164 tooth flexplate,case fill trans,11.5 bolt circle converter. Is their a factory bellhousing that will work with this combo,or any aftermarket bellhousing? This has been driving me insane trying to get this figured out.

Thanks, Matt

2. SlowJoe

large bell :bang:

3. Disney Lincoln

NO!!!

You need a LARGE bell. 164tooth flexplate requires large bell. 157 tooth is small bell. 10.5" converter is small bell.

You might have to change cases though. A large bell that bolts to a case fill transmission can be a tough find. I'm not even sure anymore that i've seen one.

4. SlowJoe

dammit! i didn't read the 164 part all i read was the case fill! I might have one of those in my bushel dammit i need to spend more time on this site and not a work!

5. mustangcobra438

The bellhousing in this transmission bolts to the pump. Most of the large bells that i have found bolt to the outer area of the case ,not the pump. I guess this is why u say i may not to be able to find a large bell that bolts to the pump.Tht sucks because i just got this transmission fully rollerized.

Thanks for the advice if u have anyone that may have a bell that will work please let me know. :2thumbs:

6. SlowJoe

i have like 30 bellhousings i haven't had time to look but i will

7. mustangcobra438

That would be awsome. Ive got a local buddy of mine looking but i doubt hes got the right one.

8. Disney Lincoln

It's easy enough to swap cases. That or you can go to a 57 tooth and 10.5" converter.

9. gregaust

There is in fact a FACTORY bell that is case fill and bolts to the pump and suits 164T flywheel.. Somewhat rare maybe but they do exist.

10. mustangcobra438

Found one. thanks a lot quys. :2thumbs: :chacha: