1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

DOHC + carb?

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by 69nova, Jun 11, 2004.

1. 69nova

I want to use the ford 5.4L block, stroke it, and use the Cobra 4-valve over-head cam heads, with a carburator and intake manifold to match.

Does anyone know if this setup is posslble? If so, who makes a intake manifold for those heads with a carb?

Thanks
    Sean S.

2. RI85GT

3. 69nova

Do you have any experience with that setup or have you heard anything? Reason I ask is b/c I came up with this idea randomly one day. I'm sure its been done, I just haven't heard or read anything about someones experience with it. Any "I heard that..." or "I heard this...." are welcome here! :D

Thanks
    Sean S.

4. RI85GT

there are a few guys running Carb modmotors in the NMRA

They FLY !

But it is a race car

I also have no idea if they are using THAT specific intake or not

Sorry ...I am not much help

5. NeedaTurbo

I think you need a HUGE/tall intake, so you'll need like a 5"+ cowl hood :stickpk: Unless they've come up w/ something more subtle.

6. Getblown

What do they do with ignition? Crank trigger?

7. NeedaTurbo

I think they ditch the coil packs and run a distrutor modified and put along w/ one of the cams. X2C sells the setup :D

8. converturbo

MSD makes a belt drive distributor. You more than likely will have to make some brackets for it.