1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PVCR question

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by import killer, Jun 13, 2004.

1. import killer

I was wondering, how do you know when you need to drill them out and what size to drill them to. I guess it is just a try it and see kind of thing but I would hate to go to far with them. On my 200 six I have not drilled them out yet and it runs great but the little six is not making a ton of power like a full on V-8. Thanks.

Dan

2. Brent Davis

Dan,

Think of those little holes as a secondary set of jets for the primary side although metering blocks have them ther for use on the secondary metering block as well. "IF" your motor has a safe A/F with the stock PVCR's, then leave them alone. There are a few things that you can do before you drill these out larger like making sure you have adequate enough fuel pump, fuel pressure, correct needle and seats, correct air bleeds, jet sizes and so on.

The idea for enlargening the PVCR's is so that you may run a smaller primary jet and have better gas milage while having the correct amount of fuel under boost rather than having large jets and smaller PVCR's even though the large jet/stock PVCR's will have a good A/F, you'll have better street manners and milage with the smaller jets. That's how in "THEORY" that it's supposed to work but emulsion tube mods and all can play a role in how well it all works out too.

3. import killer

Thanks Brent! I guess a good wide band would tell me that. Could you fill me in on the "emulsion tube mods"? Not sure I have heard much about that. Thanks!

Dan

4. Brent Davis

Yep a wideband is one of your engines best friends. It will definately help in tuning.

The emulsion tubes should be strictly left up to a professional carb builder. I wouldn't recommend you to try and mess with those at all.

5. import killer

Oh okay, thanks!;) I actually bought a new Inovative wide band a few weeks ago and as soon as we started up the car it came on and then went off and started smoking! It killed itself in about two seconds!:( All we did was plug it in!:rolleyes: We have not been able to get a hold of them at all. That was a lot of money for nothing. I hope we can get a hold of them and get it fixed. Oh well. That is my wide band story.

Dan

6. SWT Racing

I would try contacting them again. . .they've always had ecellent customer support. You might try reaching them through their technical forums here: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/index.php

7. import killer

Yea, we got a hold of them today and they want us to go through the place I got it from so I guess we will start there. Man, I would like to be using that thing right now.

Dan