1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help identifing these turbos, PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by tferrellsn95, Feb 10, 2020.

1. tferrellsn95

Hello everyone,
    I am a new account here so I apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this but I am looking for some help identifying a pair of Garrett turbos I purchased second hand. The units were never used and still were in the original boxes as pictured. I measured the wheels and came up with the following:
    Compressor: Inducer-61.4mm Exducer-81.96mm .50A/R
    Turbine: Inducer- 73.4mm Exducer-64.06mm .81 A/R T4

I am trying to purchase turbine housings for these units but I must need to determine what exactly I have. Any help is greatly appreciated!

turbos.jpg #ad

2. Disney Lincoln

I can't tell if you're joking or not. It's written right there on the box.

3. tferrellsn95

Thats sort of true. What I need help with is a model number or part number. I cant find a listing from Garrett for a model consisting of a compressor these dimensions mated to a T40E housing. They seem to have GT35 compressor wheels on a GT40 shaft and using that tiny cover. Im hoping someone can suggest a series if nothing else so I can get the correct turbine housings.

4. Disney Lincoln

They are P-Trim housings, as stated on the box.

Looks like a 60-1 to me, but it's been years since i've seen one. It'll compress air.

dragvw2180 likes this.
  5. dragvw2180

P Trim turbine T4 housings are pretty easy to come by .

6. tferrellsn95

I was actually looking for V-band inlets but it seems to be a bust.

7. Disney Lincoln

8. tferrellsn95

And you sir, must have the worst comprehension skills ever. While I appreciate your response, the link you posted shows why I was asking for help on identifying a model.

I need V band housings because the kit I'm using requires them.

9. dragvw2180

10. duplox

Does the kit have room for something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-Vband-Adapter-Flange-For-T4-Turbo-Stainless-Steel-SS-V-Band-V-Band-Adaptor/351617841729

Would certainly be a lot cheaper and more foolproof than trying to get new housings.

I don't know what size V-band you need, but 2.5" and 3" seem commonly available. Here's a cast one that's much lower profile with a 3" band:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-T4-Turbo-to-3-V-Band-304-Stainless-Steel-Cast-Flange-Adapter-Converter/163230422976

Here's one that's the same price and looks nearly as low profile, but comes with two flanges, although only one V-band. Getting another is cheap and easy. Additional bonus, these are tapped flanges, which I prefer immensely to thru hole/bolt & nut configurations.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T4-To-T4-Turbo-Inlet-V-Band-Stainless-Steel-Rotation-Conversion-Adapter-Flange/173920840006

11. tferrellsn95

That actually helps a lot and may point me in the right direction. THANK YOU!

That actually is a great idea. I looked at an adapter before but it was 2-3" tall and I don't see that working, atleast not with the stock hood. The kit is a on3 top mount twin for a 2018-2019 Mustang GT.

I really appreciate the help you guys have given me. I think I'll probably just sell these turbos at this point and buy the correct 61s for the kit.

12. Mnlx

If you don't have room for the adapter, call, or email a place like agp turbo, and tell them that you have a to4e with a p trim turbine wheel. That info, the size of your up pipe, and v band flange should get you started.

tferrellsn95 likes this.