1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin-Turbo CLEVOR

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Want351WTT, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Want351WTT

Hey guys,
    I searched if anyone had turbo charged a Clevor, but not much info. I would like to try this. As it is known, Windsor blocks have a better oiling system than Clevelands. But stock Cleveland 4V heads, outflow stock Windsor heads. I would like to take adavantage of this, by building what is called a Clevor. The idea behing this build, is to use parts I already have available, and try keeping costs down. I want to go blowthru carb. I have a set of both 4V open chamber and closed chamber 351C heads. Was leaning towards the open chamber heads, since they have huge ports, they should respond well under boost. Where does your vote go to here? The (1972) 351W block, besides havng to be machined to accept Cleveland heads, will also be machined to accept 4-bolt main caps. I know I am limited when it comes to intake manifold options. Any ideas/suggestions here? Have no idea when it comes down to brand/size of Turbos to use. Any suggestions/comments? Thanks.

2. Plymmyth

I know this is an old post but was I was wondering if you ever built your Windsor with the Cleveland heads with the twin turbos? Price performance makes a set of adapter plates that allows you to run a windsor intake on any Clevor motor combination.

3. tbird

I remember coming across one.

4. Mnlx

Built a couple in na form for customers back in the day. With all the good off the shelf Windsor parts now, theres no need to build one any longer, unless you just want the Cleveland, and a less efficient engine/head combo. My 2 cents.

B E N likes this.
  5. fastspec2

WHAAAAAAT? Who wouldn't want some ozzy headed, BA manifolded, port plated goodness?

LOL.

AFR and TFS kinda killed the clevor. Still cool though. I built a few a few years ago. I worked for a guy that raced pro stock in the late seventies early eighties so i got to rummage through his junk and scrape together a few of these things. he was also a huge boss mustang guy so he hitched his wagon the Cleveland head pretty early on. They ran pretty well.

6. Pro-SC

I remember when the clevor was the best option for a sbf. I knew a guy at school who had one. If I remember right there was a specialized intake manifold made for it but hard to find. With all the great heads offered for the sbf, the clever option pretty much died. Which is a good thing, nice to have all the options nowadays. Not to say they didn’t work as they did, just took a long time for decent heads to come out. Say thanks to foxbody 5.0,s.

Plymmyth likes this.
  7. fastspec2

BA made a manifold for them, so did ford motorsport. There were a couple others as well. BA was the one that seemed the most available. Just depended on weather you were going 9.5 or 8.5 deck

8. BBR

Lmao, I was just researching cleavor's last week and boom this pops up.

9. nxcoupe

Fyi boosted ran a cleveland style head on his yellow sn