1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Project "Snakebite" Sn95 cobra 351w street/strip

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Snakebite, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Snakebite

Project "Snakebite" Sn95 cobra 351w street/strip

Starting off this is a low mileage 1995 cobra, I`ve had for 6 years. So far I`ve built the car to run a Vortech supercharger, now switching to the turbo street strip car. I`ll post up what I have as of right now, any input on this build would be welcomed.

2. Snakebite

Re: Project "Snakebite" Sn95 cobra 351w street/strip

Built bottom end/ stock block. A1000 fuel system with Vortech Supercharger S-trim 10lbs. Gt40X heads and Diamond Pistons. 505rwhp/488lbs
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. Snakebite

This weekend in the garage I`ll be installing 10th Anniversary Cobra Calipers. Getting rid of all the heavy stock leather seats front/rear and pulling carpet. Install the rear seat delete, I cut a snake logo onto and put red-plexi behind.. turned out good.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. ricky

good looking car,are you building your own kit? what size turbo,etc? :2thumbs:

5. Snakebite

Right now I`m looking to be getting a BG CUSTOM TURBO hotside and I`ll have the cold side custom built. 88mm turbo, Air/Air Int. with a glide or th400.

6. 10secgoal

DAMN!!! That's a clean car.

7. Snakebite

Thanks I`ve tried taken the best care of it. Well it`s that time to start cutting and trim the fat off this obese stang.
    [​IMG]#ad

No more Heat/Air amazes me all that fit in the dash. Nice 30lbs + gone
    [​IMG]#ad

These Control arms are just stupid heavy
    [​IMG]#ad

No more fat k-member. Ditching the p/s as well
    [​IMG]#ad

8. cobrasan

:2thumbs:

9. Snakebite

Getting some before and after pics as we tackle the engine bay area... you just have to shake your head at all the useless holes Ford puts in the bay. :stupid: Supercharger took up most of the area where it looks the worse. BTW sorry for these pics phone didn`t like the shop lights.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. blown97gt

Looking good man! Going to be following this build for sure!

11. Snakebite

Starting to clean up some of the smaller holes on the towers. Removed all wiring and brake lines. :welder: Took advantage of some of the holiday specials scored some good deals on the front and back end.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10 way adjustable front struts and rear shocks
    [​IMG]#ad

Tubular A-arms, shark style camber plates, upper/lower rear control arms, 18" front coil overs should arrive tomorrow.
    [​IMG]#ad

Saving soo.. much weight on this Tubular K-member, didn`t get the one with tow hook option thought might affect header clearance.
    [​IMG]#ad

12. GT377

Hey wanted to say good luck with your build. I will be watching it. You have alot of the same parts I just used on my 95. Here is my link and it shows what you will have to do to get your steering rack mounted. A couple of others on this site have had to clearance theirs as well
    https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/...to-site-95-in-progress/msg1246446/#msg1246446

Thanks Jason

13. Snakebite

Thanks Jason.. I actually had been looking through yours a few months back. Looks really good. Got to love a rio red mustang. :2thumbs:

14. Snakebite

Bought the last few parts I needed to finish on the engine bay. Offset-bumpsteer kit, FlammingRiver manuel steering rack 20.1 ratio, and a few steel fab panels. Aprons, frame rails, and on the back side gaps on the tower.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Removed the heat/ac plugs and insulation , welded firewall up
    [​IMG]#ad

15. ricky

what brand/stylle mig are you using? looking good! :2thumbs:

16. Snakebite

Thanks Ricky just a cheapo used welder Lincoln Electric 115 does the job

17. bumblebee

Looking good!

Going to do the same fabbing in the engine compartment like you are doing..

Are you just going to spot weld it like in the pics or are you going to weld the whole way?
    How are you going to do on the back, just put some rust protect?

18. Snakebite

Thanks much, slowly seeing some progress. Yes back side have been coated and I`m only going to use the bead welds you see in the pictures. I`ve been talking with some body shops and friends. They say don`t weld up all the way, it may weaken the metal. Instead on the "small seam gaps" use a 3M bare metal seam sealer, make sure you get one that won`t shrink,crack, sag, and make sure it`s paintable.

19. Mike93SVT

great work so far. quit staring at that engine bay and get back to work!!!! i know it seems like it never ends after a while, here's some motivation for you. it's well worth the effort when you're done. it also makes you maintain that higher level of detailed work throughout the rest of the car. once you make the engine bay look so nice, everything else starts to look like crap :doh:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

20. wickedcobra

Looking GOOD!! Keep it up! :2thumbs: