1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Project "Duplomat", 1979 Dodge Diplomat

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by 1985-Dominator, Oct 7, 2015.

1. 1985-Dominator

This isn't happening tomorrow, but is getting started.

1979 Dodge Diplomat. 4 door. 318 / automatic. Beige.

Just installed parts: Edelbrock Torker intake (single plane), Demon carb, Summit 454 / 272 cam kit. Electric Fans, HEI ignition with MSD module and coil, MSD Streetfire wires.

Plans, Stage 1:
    Use spare 360 engine to start hot side. Use stock exhaust manifold on driver side for power steering and starter clearance. Feed home built, log style manifold on passenger side, for maximum room for down pipe on passenger side. Blow through a2a intercooler and return and feed carb from driver's side.

Plans, Stage 2:
    Use the Stage 1 parts and slip a strong foundation 360 in place of the smog 318. Add transmission build, differential build, etc.

2. subcommopar

Sounds like a fun build. What kind of working room do you Dippy guys have under the hood? Those cars were pretty small as I recall.

3. 1985-Dominator

I am actually quite surprised. There is 12 inches between the front core and the bumper, and there is 10-12 inches between the engine and radiator. Electric fans saves a HUGE amount of room.

4. subcommopar

Lucky! Looking forward to watching your build. Im doing a single on mine with the flipped magnum manifolds. Wish i had all of that free real estate under my hood!

5. Twin Turbo Skylark

Lets see some underhood pics I am curious about the space as well!