1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

progressive maf or boost w/ alcohol injection?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by BIGRCB, Oct 30, 2005.

1. BIGRCB

i am going to add alcohol/water injection to my car for safety purposes. in doing some research i noticed that snow offers a specific model for 87-93 fords that uses a progressive maf control. all the other kits that i am consdidering are progressive with boost. i would prefer to go with the cooling mist or smc kit but if the snow maf control offers better drivability i would have to go that route. what kind of experiences have you guys had with both?

2. Eric88T

The MAF progressive will work...are they better than using a 3-bar MAP sensor? Fuck no

3. EXQQSME

alky is an awsome tool for instance we put a smc kit on my buddies incon 600 kit with pump gas and 42# injectors sock fuel system + hipress255 pump ran 17 psi (usualy only 9 psi without alky) 622 hp

4. BIGRCB

done deal, i picked up the dual stage cooling mist setup using prgressive boost over the progressive maf voltage. i liked the quality of this kit better than the snow kit.

5. BigRy

Have you looked into the www.alkycontrol.com kits granted if you have not purchased your kit already.

6. BIGRCB

yeah, i looked into those kits, they were one of my top choices. i went with cooling mist because we have a local distributor, and i was able to talk to some people with the kit, everybody i talked to seemed satisfied with the quality and results.