1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

SBC Nitrous To Turbo Alcohol

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Warbird, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Warbird

Looking for Opinions

I have 400 Sbc Dart block,Pro 1 CNC Heads,Callis Crank Etc..

Compression is 12.8 with JE Nitrous Pistons.

I have already buillt the headers 1 3/4 and 3'" crossover with a S400

Question is : Should i stay with the compression and go Alcohol or Change the pistons and stay with gas?
    I'm leaning towards Alky for not needing an intercooler and fuel price.This is a race car so im not worriedabout the Alky Maintenance.
    The big expence will be C&S Alky carb and fuelsystem.
    What do you guys think
    Thanks

2. Warbird

Anybody????

3. sleepybu

4. ash

your compression is up there with the big boys...
    get your tune right or you will have a pile of rubbish (block crank etc..)
    my opinion is from injected methanol

ash

7.2 @ 191
    355 cubes

5. PimpaSmurf

Leave the pistons, go to a thicker head gasket for initial tuning and run Alcohol.