1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

lets see your turbo supports

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by reamo04, Feb 22, 2008.

1. reamo04

looking to see how all of you have chosen to support your turbos

2. Ugly_On_Purpose

I know it's not GM, but here is a couple shots of my Mopar 360 with an s400 during mockup on the enine stand. BTW, I am only using the Carter carb for break-in. New Holley 750 will go on when the turbo does.

The mount itself.....
    [​IMG]#ad

Here is the turbo mounted on the engine. BTW, this is going in a truck, and fits under the stock hood.
    [​IMG]#ad

3. 69GTO

88mm single (T6 flange)..... Pontiac motor 8)

4. MEAN_SBC

Mine's braced to the block... This pic was taken today....

[​IMG]#ad

5. Nice Chevelle

hey mean ..........ya think you can snap some pics from underneath? And isn't your turbo drain looks like is has a ways to go and the angle is far from optimum. I am sure you know what your doin. ;)

6. MEAN_SBC

The car has had numerous passes on it already, and no drainage problems.... It's a downward slope the whole way, and a giant hose....

7. reamo04

well, looks like I will be doing something similar to this:
    [​IMG]#ad

8. tricked-out-toy

Do you have solid motor mounts? if not that will rip the hell outa the hot parts.

9. wgsr-1

Mounted mine to the frame, with an little unorthidox collector box. Steve

collector v-bands.png #ad

10. tricked-out-toy

So you guys mounting them to the frame, Are you running solid motor mounts???

11. MEAN_SBC

I bolted mine to the block, even with solid motor mounts. It really needs a motor and mid plate to mount the turbo to the frame.

12. Leftoverchinese

Maybe it is a dumb question, but how heavy does a turbo have to be before it requires a support?

13. MEAN_SBC

I guess there's no exact weight guideline to this. It all has to do with how it's mounted, and the tubing is configured. I know the PT101 hanging off the front of my junk weighs 48lbs... So a little support brace to the block was pretty mandatory.

14. tricked-out-toy

Thats what I was thinking. Mine will be mounted to the block, I should have the mock up finished this weekend, ill post up some pics

15. wgsr-1

Mine is monted to the frame with solid monts, and so far, no problems. But, extra bracing couldn't hurt.

16. 69GTO

Easy man... The motor will have elephant ears on front that will be welded to the frame.... Plus my flex pipes (ever heard of them?).

17. tricked-out-toy

You have flex pipes between the header and turbo? I dont think ive ever seen that. The only place ive seen flex pipes are on the crossover....

18. ELpolacko

My big block build:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. Pinion

beautiful craftsmanship, man. most impressive.

20. dug

ElPolacko- thats a nice piece you got there. the headers look pretty sweet also. any more pics of the car? :cheers: