1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Progress of my Pro Turbo Kit so far...

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Dave88LX, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Dave88LX

I didn't even see this forum before, else I woulda posted here...

Anyways, here's the scoop:

01/02 Paid dealer by PayPal money for kit
    01/03 Order is placed, PTK charges dealer. From what I understood, kit was ready to go, just had to be boxed up and sent off.
    01/09 No kit yet, dealer calls them, say they will ship on the 13th or 14th (Mon/tues)
    01/13~14 No kit, says it'll go out later that week (16-17th).
    01/16~17~18 No kit
    01/21 (Tues) Dealer calls, is told that they just moved buildings, have no electricity, and their welder doesn't work b/c of the electricity deal. (If the kit was ready to ship 2 weeks ago, what do ya need a welder for, weld the shipping box shut?:confused: ) My kit will be the 1st of 7 orders to go out that week.
    1/30 Kit was *supposed* to ship to me here in TX, and when my car got here, car & turbo kit go to dealer and we put it on...HOWEVER, instead of coming to me, I was notified that the kit was shipped to the DEALER instead!:stickhit: So this means I paid $65 to ship it to me, and it didn't even come to me. I just want to hold it!!!:bling: It's gonna be another $70 to ship it to me now, which I wouldn't feel right making my dealer pay.

So, there's the scoop! Based on their 21 day shipping policy, and the "We only work 4 days/week on the kits", from the date of order, to the time it arrived, wrong location, but arrived, was 15 days. Don't know the whole scoop why it kept getting put off, but, eh oh well, I just wish it shipped to me instead! I'll make sure to take plenty of pics of it when it gets here :taunt:

PLEASE DON'T take this as me badmouthing PTK in any way. I just wanted to share my personal experiences with them, well, through my dealer ;)

[​IMG]#ad

2. Dave88LX

Supposed to be shipping out tomorrow!:rockon: :rockon: :taunt: :bling: :alf:

I can't wait! I don't have a car, engine, or turbo for it, but I'll sleep with it every night LOL!

I just wish it got sent here instead of Cali! I feel bad having the dealer (friend) pay shippin, so I'll more than likely pay shipping again on it.:mad:

3. Yugguth

If said dealer friend is cutting you some sort of buddies discount then ok, but if this dealer is selling within10% of PTKs retail price then he might be getting a commision in which case you should make them pay shipping.:p

4. Dave88LX

Yeah I've got some knocked off the price, so...that's how that goes:booty:

:D

5. Snipe656

Make sure and take a picture of those boxes. I have heard of plastic welders before, but never of a cardboard welder. Would love to see how those cardboard welds look.

6. Dave88LX

Re: Re: Progress of my Pro Turbo Kit so far...

:kenny::kenny:

7. Snipe656

So does this mean no pictures of cardboard welding?

8. Dave88LX

:snipe:

You know there will be PLENTY of pics :tu:

9. Dave88LX

I've got Tracking #'s! Friday Friday!:rockon: :rockon:

Too bad I'll be on a plane flying home. Have to have UPS hold it until Wed the 19th :stickhit: :stickhit: