1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

procharger f2 vs 106mm turbo

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by nos81bu, Jan 20, 2007.

1. nos81bu

well u all know that i may go turbo very soon...what your opinions on how much more hp the turbo will make with an a/w intercooler
    i made 1231 hp non intercooled with the f2 29lbs..id say it would of made 1400 intercooled?
    my guess on the turbo 1800hp probably with 25lbs of boost ..sound right

2. basketcase

Paul,
    You made 1231hp on C16 with a 406" SBC, 18* heads, an F2 with 29lb of boost?

3. nos81bu

yes,the 23 degree heads made the same power ;)

4. Brent Davis

As long as the pump/carb can supply the fuel, then 1600 is reasonable. Most outlaw/Pro cars make 1800 or so in the 30+ boost ranges. It is definately going to be a different learning curve though as you won't have that instant throttle boost like the blower gave you when you staged for a race.

Keep us updated and with pics.

5. nos81bu

If the procharger does NOT sell in 3 weeks from today..I will be running the procharger for this year with an a/w intercooler 8)

6. Brent Davis

One thing Paul is that I would be hard pressed man to sell such a great working combo with that blower. You've got more power just locked up with the intercooler so I'd put the blower/intercooler back on and watch the numbers fall...............not like a turbo but definately fall :D................o.k., o.k. just kidding.

7. sprayit67

wow
    there are guys out there with big turbos not even making 1200 hp. :eek:.it goes both ways.good luck

8. nos81bu

i think the blower is going back on..kinda of getting sick of people calling for the procharger just to get info... :bang: >:(

9. Brent Davis

and not buying it. :bang: :bah:

10. sprayit67

.yea there are a lot of tire kickers out there.... :bang:

11. Jake

Whats your number? :ras: :ras: j/k

12. Brent Davis

777-9311 :chacha: :chacha:

13. Supe

Just leave the PC on Paul. Do the cage upgrades, have Jamie do the A/W IC, and tune the heck out of the thing. You've got all season to do it, you can still take some weight out of the car, and you've already got the turbo parts on hand if you want to change next year.

14. Boosted351

:agree:

Hell, at this rate Tim is gonna be all alone.

15. Tims86-9.80

Its already lonely at the top. LOL Just kidding. I don't see a change anytime in my future. :D

16. basketcase

Tim why haven't you switched to Turbo, and if money is the issue, would you switch if money wasn't an issue?

Curious why everyone is ditching their prochargers for turbos.

17. Boosted351

Powa!

J/K Tim. The king will always have his blower I'm sure!

18. turbofreek

cuz he likes the weekly belt change for a big hp/boost blower car :moa:

19. Tims86-9.80

Because it gives you turbo guys some hope. Just messing.

I like the power of a Blower, I like how and where it makes the power. I feel there are advantages to it, and I am not just talking on the starting line. Maybe I am crazy, but I like the blowers.

Plus the ProChargers are the only way to go. Look at any class above Drag Radial, there is no other blower company out there.

20. ChrisEvans

I still have my little F1R & love it!(+Procharger is probably the best company I have ever worked with-Thanks-Dave W.--I think Tim can agree with that) For outlaw radial-the turbo is probably the way to go(well atleast it seems-Till Tim lays it down this year!)
    I have been thinking & thinking about a canted valve headed 400incher w/ F2(Or F3!)-& switching to outlaw radial(Basically an NMRA SSO motor)-problem is- I like racing TOO MUCH & want to be out this year doin' my thing-NOT building & watching!!
    How did Tim become"The king"anyway? :D Thats a nice title to have!!!!!!!!