1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Procharger F1 and Fitech 1200

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Raymond 73, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Raymond 73

Hi i have a 69 charger 440 with a1200 unit that i have a procharger F1 on. The unit is perfect on idle and cruise but when i was on the dyno it starting to lean out over 4750rpm (498hp at The hubs) afr was 13 and going up and lean so i shut IT off! Want to reach 6500rpm at 11,9 afr so i can get out The rest of The hp) I have a tankinc fuel tank w/ walbro 400 pump to feed a surge tank and i use 2 walbro 450 to feed a magnafuel FrP i know this is overkill but i have one of The walbro on pressure (on at 5psi boost) switch ! The blower is pushing 10 psi at 4750rpm and i have a 2 stage water/meth . I have Try to adujst afr Target under boost on The controller but no change!! Do any one have any tip or what i can do?? I allso have like a backfire or bogs at 5000rpm? I use The fitech just for fuel and a msd 6350 for ignition! I am new to boost and efi and its not do many here in norway that use fitech

IMG_20171102_140712975_HDR.jpg #ad

IMG_20171102_140724281_HDR.jpg #ad

IMG_20171102_151734464.jpg #ad

IMG_20171102_140735882_HDR.jpg #ad

2. 1966Mustang

Looks like a beautiful car, I run a FiTech on my Mustang but I don't have an answer for you. The best place I have found anywhere for FiTech info is a Facebook group called "FiTech owners group"

I would recommend joining that and asking your question on there. They have a tonne of knowledgeable people on there and they will be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!!

3. Mnlx

You need to verify fuel pressure. If it maintains fuel pressure (base+boost), then look to the Fitech, if it doesn't then the issue is fuel delivery related (pumps, filters, voltage).

rdakota340 likes this.
  4. Raymond 73

Hi i have check The fuel pressure on boost and its fine. But Even when i crank up The base pressure to 80 psi IT Will still lean out at 5000 rpm?

5. Mnlx

80 psi is too much base imo..... some injectors have been known to fail to open when pressures are too high. If fuel pressure is good, then start looking at the tune. May be a stupid question, but are you sure you have a 1200pa, and not a 600? Also, in the pics it looks like the fpr is unreferenced? Does fuel pressure rise with boost.

6. Raymond 73

I know this is too mutch pressure but i just wanted to see if The afr was change. Base pressure is 58 psi and yes its a 1200 system. If you zoom at my pictures you see The fpr has a 1/4" nylon tubing that is hooked too The hat. I think IT is The tune or something wrong with this unit.. i use The inboard timing control om IT last summer and IT just stop working!!! So now i use The 6350 msd.

7. Mnlx

Ok, I see the external regulator now, I missed that earlier. I would definitely talk to Fitech. One other thing, efi fpr's are typically referenced below the throttle blades, not that it makes a huge difference, but there is some difference in fuel pressure control.

8. Raymond 73

Ok i am new to boost so thanks!
    I think i Will send in my unit for service and fix that timing control problem. We have 5 months with snow here now so i have time to get this fixed before summer!

9. rdakota340

Have you logged any of your dyno runs to see what percentages the injector duty cylces are at, My fuel system it a A1000 with 13202 regulator at 12# my duty cycles have been 40 % at 5800 RPM.

10. Forcefed86

Have you verified pressure during a pull when it starts to lean out? Or are you just checking it at idle? Sure sounds like pressure is dropping off during the pull.

The higher you go with the base the harder it is for the pump(s) to keep up. Flow goes down with pressure. Try 43psi base instead of 58. Also try jumping the 5psi switch that turns on the second pump and just run them both constant. That way you can verify it’s actually on.

What are you using in the way of filters pre and post pump?

On a side note, what surge tank are you using to hold intank pumps?

-thanks!

11. Raymond 73

Hi i have been driving with a cam to REC The pressure under boost and high rpm! and i have used two different pressure gauges in case one was wrong! I use nuke performance filter pre and post 10 and 100 micron! I have one walbro 400lph intank and 2 walbro 450 lph in a nuke performance surge tank. Here is a link http://shop.nukeperformance.com/fue...-tank-kit-for-internal-walbro-gss-341-gst-450

Pictures Are taken under building. The surge tank was ONLY w/ 2 wire studs so i mount 1 more so i can run 2 or 1 pump at different times! IMG_20171031_131116476.jpg #ad
    IMG_20171027_160725195.jpg #ad

IMG_20171031_131116476.jpg #ad

12. Forcefed86

Whoa, those surge tanks are a little spendy! Looks like a great fuel setup though.

Sounds like you’ve got the bases covered. Must be a Fitech issue if pressure and DC is steady the entire time.

13. Bleedmopar

Hi im new here also, but looks like you only have a single -6 feed to fitech your probably running the unit out of fuel due to lack of volume. Please correct me if im wrong. Sweet setup i hope my setup turns out this clean great job! From what i read the fitechs main down fall is the -6 inlets. Oh and the long wait time to get your unit.

14. Raymond 73

Hi☺️ its not so easy to see from The pictures but i have 1 8an from surge tank and tru The fpr and into y-block and 2 6an into The fitech.