1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Problems with 80lb. injectors

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by yoteehunter, Oct 31, 2011.

1. yoteehunter

Has anyone had any problems tuning with 80lb mototron injectors? I have a massive problem at idle. It is rich rich and the plugs are coming out dripping with fuel.

Motor is a 4.6L DOHC ported B heads, comp cams, built lower end and 76mm turbo. I have the SCT BA5000 MAS meter in a 4" tube. Areo A1000 fuel set up with good fuel pressure. Cant seem to get it to idle without fowling plugs and running way to rich. Anyone know anything about pulse width for these injectors?

2. wesk

It has been a while since I tuned a ford ECU, but they typically have a "high slope," "low slope," as well as a deadtime/opentime number, correct? On standard ECU's (where deadtime is figured as a pure offset, and not a two piece function), those injectors require a much lower deadtime number than typical high-z injectors. Typically in the .6-.7 range, vs. .9-1 for an "old school" EV1.

What do you have entered currently for high slope, low slope, and open time?