1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PRO TURBO KITS!! <--Updated 11/27

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Crawlin5.0, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Crawlin5.0

UPDATE: 11-27-2007: I talked with Greg today, he gave me billing information, and I was refunded in full. While it took forever and was an overall bad experience, PTK did come through and fix the situation. Hopefully everyone else on here can get their problems settled as well.

----------------------

We've been calling you guys non-stopped for over a week. We've e-mailed you asking to give us a call. Now I have to resort to calling you out on a forum with the hopes that maybe you'll straighten this all out.

On July 19th, we ordered a wastegate and a clamp for a car which came to the total of $594. Our account was charged the amount right away and we figured it would just be a normal, smooth transaction. This was over a month and a half ago. Now I could understand a wait if we had ordered a whole turbo kit which would need to be built and what not...But we ordered two off the shelf parts that I'm SURE they stock. A little under a month ago we talked to someone there who apologized and assured us the parts would be at our doorstep by the end of the week. Here I am typing this almost a month later, without the $600 or the parts we paid for.

I've seen MULTIPLE threads about PTK with people having the exact same issues. So if anyone from PTK sees this, contact me immediately and straighten out this mess you caused.

Final Round Performance
    (815)723-3969
    ^^I shouldn't have to give you my number, it's listed in you caller ID about 50 times.

2. turbosearch

Re: PRO TURBO KITS!!

I wouldn't be surprised these guys are going to make a run for it with all of our money. They have become shady as shit. I think we really all need to get together and get our money or something out of this one way or another.

3. 034v

shit!

not liking these threads as they still have to ship my stuff :bang:

4. Crawlin5.0

When it's all said and done, I'll either have $600 in my hand(legal fees extra) or a new wastegate. It's their choice.

I don't intend on getting screwed.

5. TT_05_Stang

Did you pay with Credit Card? If so you wont be out any money...

Will

6. Crawlin5.0

It was Debit. I have to look into it and see if I can't get the company to credit the money back.

7. turbosearch

Everyone please find all the people everywhere that are victims of this company and please tell them to file a claim with the Texas Consumer Protection Agency because they won't help us if they feel this is a personal problem. Also, please save and send them copies of all your documents, emails, statements, etc. that could be used as evidence.

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml

8. Will Evers

9. Crawlin5.0

Still no answer or anything from them.

Maybe a moderator can make a sticky warning about buying from these people? Obviously there's an overwhelming number of people with very bad experiences with this company.

10. Will Evers

I second that!!!

11. Scott02GT

Ask and you shall recieve. this thread will be stuck untill further notice. I hope we are not "here we go again"ing with this turbo company closes up shit....

12. 034v

agreed!!!

i did get them on the phone just this minute though. thats a good sign imo.. lol..

13. Crawlin5.0

Thanks for the sticky.

If anything changes as far as these guys trying to make this right, turbomustangs will be the first to know.

If anyone from PTK sees this, please contact me IMMEDIATELY.

This content is protected

14. red95gts

You would think PTK would understand this simple concept:

Screw over an individual and you lose that one person's business.

Screw over a shop and you lose the business of that shop, PLUS all of that shop's customers.

Screw over a shop who's owner posts on TM.com......uh oh.... :(

It's as though they are trying to tank the business....

15. Crawlin5.0

:D

This will be the most expensive $600 they ever try to make. Let me stress the TRY. I have an excellent lawyer.

Here's how it will work:

I get my original $600 or the items I paid for.

I get my original $600 + Damages incurred to us since we had to discount our prices for the customerwho had to wait way too long + Damages for the money it cost us having the car laid up here due to them + Lawyers fees(not cheap) + misc. court costs + whatever else I'm missing.

I mean if the tables were turned I'd be overnighting my pissed off customer these parts and sending him a big apology letter...and even a discount on the next order. But I don't expect anything other than what I paid for.

16. Scott02GT

No THANK YOU for posting here, allthough I am sure they are a bunch of good guys...we have heard that before, I woudl rather keep the finger on the pulse type of thing, but if they come through I ask that you come back and make sure everyone knows, I do not want to hurt a company that might just be having a rough time, but on he other hand I do not want to see others getting into trouble either.

17. Crawlin5.0

As soon as I get a refund or proof(tracking number) of shipment, I'll let everyone know. As far as I'm concerned, as soon as I get what I payed for I no longer have a problem with them. They'll never get my shop's business again, but anyone else on here can decide for themselves on if they want to take the gamble and order from them.

I'm also not the only one with this problem judging by the responses in this thread and the numerous other threads about this company...So it seems like it's an ongoing problem and not just an honest mistake.

18. Scott02GT

Oh yeah, I argee wit every word dude, I have seen plenty of problems so here she sticks :2thumbs:

19. sxycoupe

I've been waiting for them to complete my kit since April 5, 2006. I have yet to receive the turbo and boost controller. I guess i consider myself lucky for even getting that much.

Last time I spoke to Dalton he said they were having troubles financially. Hence the reason for them moving out of shop and into their new location. Yes, he called me and admitted it, and said that people would have their kits completed in the first-ordered first-served basis. I emailed him August 20th after 3 months of no contact. He replied on August 24th with the following....

Hello Douglas,

The past two months have been very slow for us and have hendered our ability to catch up on some guys kits. This week we put up a blowout sale on the web page to help. This last month I was not able to take care of anyone.

Thanks, PTS

20. Crawlin5.0

Sounds like a ponzi scheme in a way. The money they get from new orders goes to build/ship old ass orders...Till one day the money coming in can't cover the stuff that needs to go out, and they fully collapse.