1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New Guy... Made a Whoopsie

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by senoryuk, Jul 19, 2016.

1. senoryuk

Hi all. New here.

Ive got a gm 3800 that i built forbthe stock style m90 supercharger. Nothing too crazy. Made 380 or so to the wheels and ran a very traction limited 12.8XX@109 with a 2.25 second 60'.

Anyway. I picked up a bunch of turbo parts and i kind of wish i hadnt. The heart of the matter is the master power 70mm compressor with a .70ar. I dont know anything about the turbine side other than its a garrett with a .69ar.

Is there any way in the world to use this turbo on a 231ci v6 with 9.5:1 compression and have any semblance of throttle response?

2. M&M Turbochargers

id look for something with a 60mm compressor, but i would try what have

3. senoryuk

Yeah thats more along the lines of what i was thinking. If i had planned a turbo setup from the start i really wanted a precision 6464 ball bearing water cooled. The only reason this is even happening is that the parts fell into my lap for fairly cheap.

4. senoryuk

So along the lines of trying what i have, im going to try to get the best response i can. The car was supercharged and ive always liked that immediate boost. Ive never driven a turbo car that didnt feel like the throttle cable was a rubber band. Im hoping not to have a sluggish, laggy dog on my hands.

5. Mnlx

Goals? How much boost are you thinking? Bolt the t70 in front of the m90, and have throttle response, and a turbo....

6. senoryuk

Well i was hoping for around 550whp if i can come up with a trans to hold it.

Twincharging wpuld be cool if i had ever heard of anyone getting it to work.

7. Mnlx

Many get compounds to work. Google 03, and up Cobra's with compound boost, even a few builds here.

8. Forcefed86

FWIW I easily spooled a 72/65 with a .68 T4 housing on my 9:2 231 V6. (LC2) I did run a 3400 stall and trans brake though.

[​IMG]#ad

1.43 60' 10.0 @ 136

View attachment 669814 #ad

9. senoryuk

Ooffda! Any input on street manners? Im guessing that wasnt much of a concern. Haha!

For what its worth, this is on hold atbthe moment. Im being offered a prerty good amount for the car.

10. Forcefed86

Drove great on street never owned a trailer. had a 3.08 gear and 28" tire with a glide. Ran the 200r4 for awhile too, but rebuilds and weight werent worth the OD IMO.