1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Precision Turbo question

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by OrTEeZe, Aug 25, 2009.

1. OrTEeZe

I'm looking at a SC61 Precision. The turbo I want is part number 6176 but there's like four different ones
    6176E
    6176S
    6176SP

I'm currently running a T04B flange w/ a on center downpipe flange. Thanks guys

2. David Neibert

What is the question ?

David

3. OrTEeZe

I guess I'm trying to ask what the difference is between the three

4. TungstenGT

Probably different wheels or housings, etc. that you can get with the same turbo. I am not an expert on the nomenclature for this turbo but I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

5. jon6.0

I know this one! Yay for me! The "E" has a smaller inlet(3") and outlet(2") on the compressor housing, the "S" has a bigger inlet(4") and outlet(2.5"), and the "SP" is the same inlet and outlet as the "S" except it's ported. I'm going off of memory on the actual measurements, so they may not be exact. That is the way they go as far as bigger to smaller.

6. FRC Rob

The SC "Sport Compact" series uses T3 turbines with T4 compressors. You'll want a T4 turbine to match your T04B flange. (The 76 turbine wheels can be put into either T3 or T4 turbine housings.)