1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PRECISION BOV

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by d3v1n007, May 9, 2019.

1. d3v1n007

Just curious as to why Precision BOV's are so expensive in comparison to others like JGS, Turbosmart, or even TIAL. Also curious as to why precision doesn't have them on their website. Seems like they don't make them anymore? My wastegate is precision and wanted a matching bov but don't think I can justify spending that much. Thoughts?

2. B E N

I found the same thing. I ended up with Precision gate, and a turbosmart race port.

3. d3v1n007

Yeah, doesn't make sense to me. guess I will end up doing the same.

4. Briansshop

Same here

5. Bad Medicine Racing

Sell the precision gate and get everything JGS. I am a BIG supporter of JGS since I have started using them.

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  6. d3v1n007

man I just got the gate from precision, don't really want to go through the hassle of selling it. but bov's from jgs seem very reasonably priced and I'm strongly looking that way.

7. fastspec2

I +1 the jgs stuff.
    Anytime I am "trying" I run all jgs stuff and have never regretted that decision.

8. B E N

I like my precision gate, low profile and came with all the springs. Not sure what difference it makes if it "matches" unless your sponsored or something. Black anodized is pretty uniform between brands and they both use white lettering. If you like the sound or volume of one bov or another that should be the deciding factor, your going to notice it more often.

9. d3v1n007

Yeah I'm not sponsored or anything like that, but I do try and match components as best I can just to be neat or organized and to keep things simple. It may just me a compulsive thing idk. As far as the sound or volume, I don't have a clue. I'm coming from a supercharger background where I ran bypass valves recirculated most of the time.