1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Precision BOV spring compatibility

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by SamdaMan, Oct 22, 2023.

1. SamdaMan

Hi everyone, I have a 2014 ford focus st with a gtx2971 turbo and a 50mm precision BOV. A few months ago I noticed a large drop in power so I did a smoke test and found that my BOV wasnt closing properly. After I took it apart I discovered the spring was broken into 20 pieces and completely disintegrated. After some research I can't seem to find a replacement spring anywhere. Could I use a Tial Q spring or do I need a whole new BOV? Thanks for any help!

2. Russell

I don't see the harm in trying a tial spring if it fits. Just confirm the operation is as intended.

I would call Precision, maybe they can help you out.

3. TurboSnake281

I would buy a new BOV from turbosmart if I was you. There’s nothing wrong with playing with springs besides the fact it can add complications of determination.