1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

precision 76gtsh questions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 1crzhrs, Feb 27, 2010.

1. 1crzhrs

fixing to upgrade to the 76mm and from what i've seen so far this looks like the one for me. i need a t/4 flang turbo with a 3'' v-band exhaust outlet to mount up to what i currently have. also what size wastegate is recommended for a 76mm on a 300 ci mod motor? i currently have a turbonetics evolution wastegate dumping to atmosphere.

thanks for any help! :2thumbs:

i've been looking around and need to make sure the specs on the 76gtsh.
    t/4 flange
    4'' inlet
    3'' exhaust outlet
    what a/r ratio? .81 & .96 option or no ?

if any vendors on here sell these pm me please with a price and info.

2. racesloth

I think the PT76 comes with a 3.5" V-band ---

3. 1crzhrs

glad i asked, was told it would match up with the 3' downpipe i have. :bang:

now i gotta rethink the exhaust, or find something that'll work and can still make 850 rwhp. i know the 61mm i have now isn't gonna make it past 650

suggestions welcome. main thing is i want to do it rite, but don't have the time for a while to redo my exhaust. was looking for a direct swap in if possible.

4. goshen17

I accidently bought a GTS housing the other day when looking to upgrade to a 0.96 for my MPT70. Can't use the housing cause the GTS trim is much bigger than the MPT70 p-trim. I don't know much about the GTS turbos, but the GTS housing in my garage has the same exact v-band out as the MPT70 - that is 3".

The part number on the housing is TH96GTS.

5. MONTEGOD7SS

Why not run a 3.5" to 3" reducer on the exhaust and run it that way until you can upgrade the whole thing to 4"? It won't be ideal by any means, but will work.

6. 1crzhrs

i'd rather just wait till i can do it rite the first time. been fixing/swapping stuff for 8 months with the heads and trans to get it capable. i've learned to not be in a rush by this time. lol

7. cobrasan

mine has a .96 3" v-band

8. 94slowbra

my 76gts also has a 3" v-band

9. 7SEC_SN95

It has been a while since I did mine, but I too thought it was 3". If memery serves me correct I had to upgrade to an V-band adapter flange that would accept the 3.5" tubing..