1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Precision 6076e or Twin Turbonetics Hurricane Erin

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Alex in Houston, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Alex in Houston

Been a long time. :hand:

I'm hoping to get a bit of guidance on which direction I should go, in terms of turbo(s) for my current build.
    My car is an 05 GTO that I previously built a twin turbo set-up for with:
    Stock LS2 short block, PRC CNC LS3 heads, TSP 227-228 / 584-588 on 114 Cam, Truck manifolds, EBay T3's (AR's of 60/63), FIC 60#, LPE Walboro 255 in tank pump.
    A week or 2 back, I thought I broke something in the motor. Not too troubled as I had been planning to "build" the car for some real power. Turns out, I only lost one of the low budget cheap turbos. Motor is fine.
    Oh well, I have already pulled Motor - transmission and new short block has already been ordered.
    Schwanke Short Block Iron GenIV (LY6)
    375 Bore x Stroke: [ 4.030] x [ 3.622]
    Wiseco 2618 -13cc compression @10:1 with 68cc heads
    Engine Pro Forged Steel H 6.125
    LS9 Gaskets
    Re-using PRC LS3 CNC heads with Brian Tooley 650 lift Extreme springs
    Camshaft .... TSP recommended one, looked over Martin from Tick offerings and the Speed Inc. "TU" series ... Basically still an on-going process (will take recommendations if you got them)
    Transmission is an upgraded T56 (Jason @ TDP is supposed to build it this weekend)
    Anyhow, with power goals of 700 @ the wheels I'm looking to purchase a new pair of Turbos. I've decided it's going to be either:

Turbonetics Hurricane 6662 (Erin)
    66mm compressor traditional 60 series compressor cover with the largest T3 turbine available from Turbonetics (F1-62)

Precision 6076E
    59mm inducer compressor wheel "E" compressor cover 3.0" inlet/2.0" outlet
    T350, 76 trim turbine wheel P Trim turbine wheel

The kit is already built around a T3 inlet flange and I
    don't want to change that. I am going to change the .63 "5 Bolt" exhaust flange over to a 4 bolt.

.82 exhaust housings is what I'm looking to use, on whichever is decided upon.

Not much LS info on either. Most data/metrics I find is from 4 - 6 cylinder guys using them in single configs. If anyone has (or is) currently using either, I'd love to know your thoughts/opinions/impressions. __________________

2. Alex in Houston

DIS-REGARD above posting. Spoke with a few vendors decided on the T-Netics.