1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. jblystone1

Tried several times to pre lube ls 6.0, nothing coming up push rod tubes or at oil sending unit hole, fresh rebuild. Any ideas ?

2. Disney Lincoln

What is your method? Pumping into the port on the left side of the engine?

3. jblystone1

Yes, at timing chain cover, also using melling pump, don't know if it makes a difference

4. Disney Lincoln

Did you replace the bar bell in the oil galley?

5. jblystone1

Yup, brand new. All new bearings, if the guy that put in the cam bearings didn't line up the holes could that cause this issue?

6. Disney Lincoln

No, it just wouldn't feed the cam journals. How much have you put into it so far?

7. jblystone1

About 500, everything else can be taken off and reused if need be

8. Disney Lincoln

I meant oil. How much oil have you pushed into it?

9. jblystone1

Started with 5, then 6, then 7 qts.

10. Mnlx

Maybe pull the pan, and look for a major leak? Probably have to cap the filter feed. Are you using a pan with the AFM valve? What gen block?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  11. jblystone1

02 gen 3

12. Disney Lincoln

THe only explanation I can think of would be either it's all going back through the oil pump, in which case the oil pump is bad. Or, it's not getting beyond the filter, which would be possible if the barbell is installed too far. Are you getting oil in the filter?

Here's a good overview.

13. jblystone1

14. jblystone1

Has a brand new high pressure melling oil pump, never thought about the barbell tho. What is the proper distance for the barbell?

15. Mnlx

I don't believe it can go in too far. It should be flush with the rear of the block.

16. jblystone1

No oil to the filter

17. jblystone1

Sometime today (Sat.) I'll spin the motor upside down on the stand and pull the pan, check the o ring on pick up tube etc.

18. Disney Lincoln

Been a minute, but I was thinking it could be pushed in too far. Would explain his issue here.
    Either way, there's a blockage between the charge port and filter which is otherwise a straight line.

19. jblystone1

Spun engine upside down pulled pan pushed 2quarts thru it and nothing came out of oil filter hole or rocker holes, so I'll pull the rear cover but iirc the barbell did fit flush. Pull it back out and see if there's some kind of blockage,if not it's going to get tarped in the corner and I'll move onto trans, rear, roll cage etc.

20. jblystone1

Just an update from oct.: Pre oiling ls,no pressure. After having block hot tanked I failed to replace soft plug under cam cover next to where pre oil fitting is ,allowing oil to go straight from pump to oil pan

Disney Lincoln and tbird like this.