1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

potential 351w stock roller short block turbo build???

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Backdraft, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Backdraft

the target...12# boost, E85 fuel, 351 single turbo, JunkYard bottom end, c4 in a fox notch

Here is the list of parts that I will be using (stealing) from my 302 engine...when she blows

single turbo...efi, street/strip car...mostly strip for fun!
    EEC with QH ECU
    not sure what CR the standard pistons have...
    Master Power turbo 70MM .70 A/R cold side, .96 A/R hot
    Pro-M mass air flow
    headers and piping...guess I'll have to modify the cross over pipe
    FMIC, same as the 302...brand or size IDK
    stock throttle body...i think that what they call the butterfly device is called...or do I need to up size?

Parts I'll need
    aluminum heads...which ones? I like trick flow! the new 11R?
    intake...thinking a VicJr with a 90* sitting on top of the intake...
    38 MM waste gate will have to be increased to ????
    Cam...custom? or OTS from????
    electric water pump...
    distributor????get a stock one?
    injector???
    fuel rails...I like Glenns!

What did I forget?

2. jridenour31

That's the most mismatched combo I've ever seen. First of all, what are your goals? How fast, how much power, streetability...? Do you still have the systemax intake in your sig?

3. Backdraft

well thank you, I guess? goals...humm 10.0 to 10.5 sec. fox body and yes I want it to be streetable...yes, still have the systematic intake.

4. jridenour31

Use the Holley intake. You really don't need that much head but it isn't going to hurt anything. Custom cam. 75mm throttle body. Electric water pump is unnecessary. Stock distributor is fine. 60lb. injectors at the minimum. Wastegate may be alright, depending on location. The most important thing is a different turbo.

5. Backdraft

6. Gen1SVE

You are looking for a larger turbo, anything with a 75mm turbine such as a Garrett GT4202, precision 72-78GTS, precision 7675, Borg Warner S475...

7. Turbo-Box

Agreed. That turbo is WAY too small for that combo.

8. ducatibrian

Stock set of twisted wedges with the right springs would be plenty of head for this. Don't spend the money on big heads unless you really want to step up down the road.

Look at engineered's combo on here, he is going 830s with a 170cc twisted wedge, just alot more turbo.
    I would be more concerned about the right turbine side of the turbo than heads really.
    Just a thought.

9. jridenour31

Agreed 100%.