1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

STS turbo kits?????

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by 97svtsnake, Oct 22, 2007.

1. 97svtsnake

Are they the real deal and if so i might consider making my own STS type system

2. yoteehunter

I made my own....all I can say is do it. Every car club get together; everyone craps when they hear the turbos, see the car haul ass and then open the hood and all they see is a non pi motor....405rwhp 427ftlbs. on stock non pi heads and stock bottom @8psi running 12's with 3.27 gears and T45 stock transmission.

3. jinx44

I run an HP kit and it is also hidden. Mounts under the front bumper. Several guys that run turbo cars have looked under my hood and not been able to find anything.

4. 97svtsnake

yoteehunter
    what A/Rs are you running and hows the spool time?

5. yoteehunter

I want to say .63ar on the exhaust there T3/T4 hybrids they are actually a bit to large for the 2v but when I switch to 4v as I am working on now they should work much much better. I have a build thread somewhere around here.....Even not sized very well on the 2v the turbos make the power. It is not instant boost either so it makes it feel like the higher the rev, the harder it pulls. The trap speeds have been crazy on it.

6. 97svtsnake

Do you have pics of your setup? Where are they located exactly?

7. yoteehunter

8. subtle02gt

I can vouch for his set up. Very trick. I had no clue it was a TT car until I heard the turbo's at idle and knew they had to be close to the back of the car haha.

9. yoteehunter

Glad to see you finally joined man! Theres some good stuff in these threads. I read in here until my eyes hurt sometimes.

10. niels04cobra

I can't speak for other kits and makers of the rear mount turbo systems, but I would touch an sts kit if it was given for free (at least on a mustang)... I've seen a few local cars out here make low numbers and have several problems (including popping motors). They seem to hold up well for the bowtie crowd though...

11. yoteehunter

Tuning is going to make a difference no matter which turbo kit you buy or make.