1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

good deal or no? ( sb2 stuff)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by 1BadV6ThirdGen, Feb 17, 2011.

1. 1BadV6ThirdGen

2. wantabe

can be a bit thin in places from porting

killer heads tho

3. Drac0nic

JMO on this for what it's worth, do your home work and be SURE you are ready to commit to the parts involved when you buy these. You will probably need special pistons to use them since they have an 18 degree valve angle, and I believe that the cam is also specialized for SB2 heads. Do not quote me on that however. With boost these should run insane times, but based on everything I've read about people tuning them be very conservative on the timing initially. Considering that there are a ton of heads out there that are "conventional" 23 degree and flow insanely (especially if you're looking in the 280CC range)

4. Disney Lincoln

NASCAR heads on Ebay. What could go wrong with that?

5. 1BadV6ThirdGen

if used on a standard sbc block dbl offset lifters have to be used but can use a regular cam,only downside that i saw was some of the sb2 stuff needs atleast a 4.160 bore for the valves to clear the bore.and yes they do require special pistions

if i do a sb2 setup it will deffinatly be with boost

i was just curious if 2k was a good price for a set of heads/rockers.springs etc

6. wantabe

yes,

7. turbofreek

There is a member on here that goes by Jackstand and he runs the sb2 heads on just turbo malibu. It is a fucking animal to say the least. YouTube his name and watch his car drag the bumper a few time out on the big end. Custom pistons are required, custom lifters I'm not so sure about that. Has a designated intake as well as exhaust port is different then standard. I also think they are a 13-15 degree head not 18, but don't quote me on that.

8. RyanMayo

I'm no expert on those heads but I can't see how they'd work with a standard SBC cam. The intake and exhaust valves are switched around on the outboard cylinders, so the cam lobes would need to be rearranged to match.

Valve layout on a regular SBC:

E I I E E I I E

Valve layout on SB2.2:

I E I E E I E I

9. EvilSports

Valve layout on Old MacDonalds tractor:

E I E I O

10. Traction Issuez

Valve layout on Nelly's Country Grammar
    E I E I Uh Oh

11. EvilSports

12. RI85GT