1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Post up non automotive projects.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by furchaser, Jan 2, 2010.

1. furchaser

I was going through some pics and found a little project that I did for a local cabinet maker. He wanted a way to unload his material and still be able to use his tractor bucket for snow removal and what ever so I built him a quick detach that he could throw the forks on for lengths of wood or pallets and switch back to the bucket easily.

RX7 four link 007.jpg #ad

RX7 four link 009.jpg #ad

RX7 four link 014.jpg #ad

RX7 four link 017.jpg #ad

RX7 four link 025.jpg #ad

RX7 four link 026.jpg #ad

RX7 four link 010.jpg #ad

RX7 four link 008.jpg #ad

2. Daddy

Mine aren't as cool, and I have no pictures, but projects none-the-less.

1. Finish insulating the garage.
    2. Work on my other obsession....older Simplicity lawn tractors. I have to get one running for my neighbor to use at his land next summer to mow grass. Was going to make him a tow behind mower as well to help him cut down on mowing time, but he said he didn't want it, so I'll make it for myself. After that rebuild the 16 HP engine for my 6200 Simplicity, then repaint the tractor. When I get that all done and running I want to hook up the electric lift on my Landlord DLX so I don't have to use the manual lift lever (my arms starting to hurt after blowing snow) and get the electric spout rotator setup on the snowblower chute. Once those are done (and the car is done) I'm going to take the Regent my neighbor gave me and build a mini bulldozer out of it. I'll have to strengthen the frame on it, but it's all going to have to be rebuilt anyways to take the abuse. About the only thing left off it from Simplicity will be the hood.

Once again I have no pictures, just talk. :)

3. Kerrdogg

This is what happens when the evil minds around here go idle cause of a holiday, ect. This took place New Year's eve, no drinking involved though I bet it would have been more spectactular if there was, missed the party that night but look what came out of the hard work. Now the real question, does it work.......

scooter.jpg #ad

4. gotageta5oh

I have an older Simplicity lawn tractor. Was a great mower til the damn thing locked up last year.

5. huffer

...and how many beer...???

6. Colt

Is that a turbo? I'm on the laptop, 3ft away, cant see it... If so LMMFAO!!!!! We need video's of that thing LMAO

I've got a bunch of non car related stuff I need to get done, but I just cant make myself do it.. I've even got some fun projects and cant make myself do those either.

7. Daddy

What model/size?

8. furchaser

A mini bulldozer project is something I could get into for sure.

rs1000dozersm.jpg #ad

9. slow8.0

I was looking these up a couple months ago on youtube! Pretty cool.

10. Cox Abele

I don't know if this will qualify, but I've got my bike project... It's not really a drastic overhaul or anything like that- just adding a few bits and cleaning.

Should I post it, or is that just too related to automotive seeing as how it's my "toy"/constant project.

11. furchaser

^^^^ Post it up . :2thumbs: That was the point of this , time to look at some handy work other than cars. :cheers:

12. Cox Abele

well, to tide over until I can get some work done today, and pictures, I'll give you my car project video from a few years ago. I think I had the car for about 2 years after the video was done, and even after the vid was made, the car was still a steaming pile of shit. I wouldn't mind doing it all over again, but at least this time I'll know what I should have done the first time.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=5374471

Mind you, before I got this car, the most I had ever done was change a serp. belt.

13. bionic_chronik

Yeah I'm wanting to insulate my garage when spring comes and it warms up.

14. Daddy

I got a flyer in the mail for one of those things. I'm sending off for one of the free info packs.

There's an internet group (Yahoo I believe) of people that have built mini-dozers out of lawn tractors and stuff. That's where I got my inspiration.

15. gotageta5oh

Not exactly sure on the model. However, it does have a 16hp twin cylinder engine.

16. Drac0nic

My projects are mostly computer oriented. I am going home to see if my RAID array built successfully. Somehow I doubt it. Mental note:Adaptec AAR-2X10-SA cards are CRAP. Besides this I have a pile of Cisco gear and old server parts I am going to make into some boxes to play with replication clustering and etc. Thinking about getting a balancer eventually as well to goof with.

17. fattirehotrods

That doesnt sound like a hobby sounds like work. You in the "field"? I'm an Oracle DBA.

18. BlownShovel

X2 I'm in the field but don't bring any of that crap home.... OK well some of it but it.. anyone need some 3com superstacks, cable routers, DSl etc.. used crap that we didn't throw away from old facilities

19. EvilSports

Building a website with a forum for my family.

20. furchaser

How do we get in ? We are family right ? :gh:

edit : Is there A.D. :angel: