1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Post pictures of your A/W intercooler setups!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by slowfive0, Jan 14, 2006.

1. slowfive0

I couldn't find crap using the search function. I'm doing a A/W intercooler behind the seat (S/C setup) and would like to see some pictures of:

- Routing of tubing
    - Particularly at the firewall
    - Intercooler mounting

Finally, have you had any problems with the tubing burning up the carpet, etc??? Thanks for the input!

2. WaterPog

http://cobra.fast-eddys.com/cooler/cooler2.html

You can get the idea from those pics, I don't have any of the finished product. The final discharge comes up front and center into a converted carb intake with an elbow.

As for the carpet, I really hope you aren't getting anything even close to hot enough to melt the carpet...

3. slowfive0

Very nice! This is just what I was looking for! :D

One of my friends that runs a blow through setup, says that his discharge tube (from s/c) gets hot enough after a pass that it has burned his arm when he accidentally leaned on it! He also states that it really smells up his car after he has worked on the tubes (greasy finger prints, etc). I'm just being cautious before I go catch my car on fire! :eek:

The way I'd like to run the tubes is stacked on each other along the trans tunnel. However, I'd like to run the hotter tube (discharge obviously) on the bottom due to the way the pipes are run on my car. If that is going to cause problems or should I say thermal events, then I'd like to know that! ;) Thanks for the feedback and keep em coming! Take care.

4. rtigert

Don't flame me on the FAST mount! That was the previous owners choice location.... I have changed it!

5. AaronL

Under-dash intercooler (kiss the heater goodbye though)

6. silverbullet

You can't see the tubing going into the intercooler but here's a picture.

7. silverbullet

Under hood.

8. TwinTrouble

That is Erik's car right? That thing running yet? I always loved that thing!

9. BlackMagic94

Holy fucking welded alum bendable fuel lines!!!!! :eek:

10. AaronL

haha, lol, 'you bet your ass they are welded!' let's see you try to bend that line that tight! .... They are (were)the return lines, cheap and effective...oh, say about $27 cheaper than the $27.39 ones on summitracing.com (out of service now.... sorry to ruin your day).

The car is getting neglected and put on the 5-10yr plan.......

11. 78maliboost

very nice setups, in for more